Survey Research Privacy Notice
LAST UPDATED: October 25th, 2018
This privacy notice only applies to surveys conducted by Powr of You, also d.b.a. PY Insights, that include a link to this privacy notice. It does not apply, for example, to any other Powr of You sites, products or services.
Powr of You Ltd., a UK based company, is responsible for holding and keeping your personal information in compliance with data protection law.
Personal information we collect
PY Insights collects personal information from you if you choose to participate in a survey.
Powr of You collects the following types of personal information:
- Your responses to survey questions
- The date and time when you took the survey
- Contact details which you may provide, such as your email address
- Cookies like performance monitoring cookies.
We collect information about how you interact with our surveys through cookies we use. You can choose to remove or disable cookies in your browser. Please note that doing this may adversely impact the functionality of our services.
Why we collect personal information
Your survey responses will be used by Powr of You for research and commercial purposes. Powr of You may use the collected information to administer the survey, to improve future surveys by, for example, looking at trends regarding how groups in particular locations respond to particular questions. Powr of You may also use your personal information for other purposes if you have given your consent for us to do so, such as contacting you regarding participation in future research.
When does Powr of You collect personal information
You don't have to take a survey. But, if you do take a survey, you acknowledge that Powr of You collects and uses your data for the legitimate interests and purposes described in this Privacy Notice. For example, we may use your personal information to administer the survey and to improve future surveys. We will also analyze aggregate trends and survey results both for our own purposes and for commercial reasons.
Other organizations who receive personal information
Your survey responses but not your email address may be sold to or shared with third parties, such as media firms, financial services, or market research firms. While such third parties may be able to identify you based on your responses, Powr of You contractually prohibits such third parties from disclosing your identity to other third parties and using survey responses to identify you as an individual or contact you for any purpose (marketing or otherwise).
Powr of You may disclose the personal information you provide to its affiliates.
Powr of You may disclose your personal information in the following situations:
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
- To protect the rights or property of Powr of You or our customers, including to combat fraud or protect SurveyMonkey’s interests, or to enforce the terms governing your use of the services.
- As part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
- Where Powr of You believes in good faith that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Powr of You employees, customers or the public.
Powr of You may publish our analysis of survey responses and the results of our research. Such publications will not contain your personal information.
Where personal information is processed and stored
Your personal information may be stored and/or processed in the European Union or any other country where Powr of You or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities.
How long we use your data
We only retain data about you for the period necessary for us to gain useful insights from that data and fulfill the uses described in this privacy notice. Generally, we won’t retain personal data about you for more than 2 years from the last date you responded to a survey—unless we have a legal reason requiring us to retain it for longer.
Powr of You is happy to assist you in exercising your rights under data protection law.
You can contact us at any time in order to:
- Find out what kind of personal information Powr of You holds about you and what we do with that information.
- Get a copy of the personal information which Powr of You holds about you.
- Have Powr of You update or correct any inaccurate personal information.
- Receive a copy of the information which you have provided to us in a form which makes it easy for you to give this information to a different organization.
- Take back your consent to Powr of You using your personal information and to have your information deleted (please note, if you take back your consent, this will not affect our use of your personal information before you notified us that you no longer consent).
- Stop Powr of You from using your personal data if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or our use of your information is unlawful.
Contacting Powr of You
For general Powr of You privacy issues, or to submit feedback or ask Powr of You questions about its privacy practices and this privacy notice, please contact us by mail, or you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Powr of You Ltd.
239 Old St.
London EC1V 9EY
Updating this Privacy Notice
Powr of You may occasionally update this privacy notice to reflect customer feedback and changes in its business or to comply with applicable laws and regulations. When Powr of You makes such an update, Powr of You will revise the "last updated" date at the top of this privacy notice. If there are material changes to this privacy notice concerning how Powr of You will handle your personal information, Powr of You will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification, when possible.