LAST UPDATED: May 25th, 2018
Powr of You Ltd® ("Powr of You", "we", "us" and/or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Your information is very important to us. It's key to what we do and without it, we don't work. So we take your privacy very seriously and are fully committed to protecting the Personal Information that you give us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Powr of You Ltd registered in England under company number 08839843 and have its registered office at 239 Old St., Hoxton, London EC1V 9EY.
1. What we do?
You live in a constantly connected reality, both online and offline. People use the web, mobile apps and connected devices, and generate large amounts of data. That data can be really useful to you! Powr of You provides an easy way to look at your online presence across platforms and devices, so that you can learn the most from your online activities, compare and analyze your activities with your friends and discover yourself to find out what is unique about you. You can even earn rewards from this data. You can find out more about what we do and how we work here.
2. Information we collect when you connect Accounts
Once you create an account on the Service (a "Powr of You Account"), you can then connect it to the accounts you hold with other third party technical and commercial service providers, and third party partners ("Third Party Partners"), including (without limitation) social networking websites, internet browsers and ISPs
When you connect your Powr of You Account with an account held with one of our Third Party Partners (a "Third Party Partner Account"), we will import Personal Information and other data from your Third Party Partner Account, to your Powr of You Account. We then sync the information that you create using your Third Party Partner Account with your Powr of You Account, as you create it. By connecting this way we are able to generate personal insights for you from across multiple Third Party Partner Accounts on an ongoing basis. Detailed information on personal insights is available on our Services. You can also choose to also add additional information to your Powr of You Account, to further supplement the information from your Third Party Partner Accounts. As always, the choice is yours and you can choose to connect your Powr of You Account with all, a selection of, or even none our Third Party Partners.
If you do choose to connect your Powr of You Account to a Third Party Partner Account, we will first tell you what information we will collect from that Third Party Partner Account and ask for your consent. If you agree to our collecting this information, we will access your Third Party Partner Account and collect information going back to the date on which you opened that Third Party Partner Account. If you continue to use that Third Party Partner Account, we will collect new information from it as you create it (even if you are not logged into your Powr of You Account or visiting the Services). We will do this until you tell us to stop. We collect information from your Third Party Partner Account as you create it so that we can provide our services as fast as possible. If we only synched your Third Party Partner Accounts when you logged in to your Powr of You Account, you would experience significant delays in accessing your Powr of You Account and using our services.
3. Third Party integrations
When you use our Services, we use the following third-party integrations to provide our Services in an effective way:
How it is used
Understand traffic and engagement on our Services
Provide analytics and usage data, crash reporting and crash support, and notifications on various mobile devices
Provide analytics for referral tracking and source of traffic to our Services
Support tickets and communications with users
Live support on our Services
4. Other information we collect
When you use our Services, we may also collect and use the following information about you:
- Information that you provide to us when creating your Powr of You Account or when completing other forms on our Services. When you create a Powr of You Account, we will ask for your name, gender, date of birth and e-mail address as well as any other related information we may need to set up and administer your account. We may also ask for certain financial information, essentially to allow us to pay you where applicable for the use of your data. If you create a Powr of You Account using your Facebook or Twitter or other similar application accounts, we will collect some information directly from the Third Party Partner Account and ask you to provide the additional information required to securely create your Powr of You account
- When we request that you share such information and you choose to do so to respond to your questions or concerns, to fulfil your requests, or to share knowledge about an issue
- We also collect technical information about your use of our services through a mobile device, such as carrier, model, device dientifiers. This information is collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any Powr of You mobile applications.
- We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device, browser and connection type from which you are accessing our Services.
5. Information we do not capture
- key strokes, usernames or passwords
- email or messaging content (SMS or WhatsApp or similar messaging service content)
6. How we use information we receive?
Powr of You uses this data for aggregating to provide market research to clients. Powr of You may also use aggregate data
- Informing future product features and creating data products
- Internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research
- Service improvement
Your data is held in the strictest of confidence; it won’t be shared without anonymizing and aggregating unless there is explicit permission from you.
7. Sharing disclosure
- We may disclose your Personal Information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party if required to do so by law or to (i) facilitate compliance with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Powr of You, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect and/or mitigate against legal liability.
- We may share your Personal Information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
8. Do we share your personal information?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We want you to feel confident about using our Services and we are committed to protecting the Personal Information that we collect. We limit access to Personal Information about you to employees or consultants who reasonably need access to it to provide products or services to you, or in order to do their jobs, whether such employees or consultants are based in the EU or otherwise. We have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect the Personal Information you provide to us against unauthorized or unlawful use and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
10. How can you edit, access or delete your personal information?
You can edit the account information linked to your Powr of You Account (such as your email address and password) and change which Third Party Partner Account(s) your Powr of You Account connects to. If you choose to stop a Third Party Partner Account connecting with your Powr of You Account, we will no longer collect Personal Information from that Third Party Partner Account. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for own legitimate business purposes.
You may also use the Email Preferences section of your Powr of You Account to opt-out of receiving information about our products and services. Alternatively, you can do this by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we will continue to send you service-related (non-marketing) communications. We will only send you marketing emails if you have permitted us to (and you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe in each of our emails).
You have the right to ask for a copy of any Personal Information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. Please write to us at the address listed below should you wish to do so.
You may close your Powr of You Account by contacting us at email@example.com. If you close your Powr of You Account, you can also request that we delete your personal information and we shall then do so. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for own legitimate business purposes.
Please note that if you close a Third Party Partner Account that is connected to your Powr of You Account, we will not automatically delete the Personal Information that we have collected from it. To delete the Personal Information that we have collected from a Third Party Partner Account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment platforms may charge a separate transaction fee for cashing out. These fees are outside of the control of Powr of You. We will notify you about them where we are able to.
12. Other websites and Social Networks
Our Services may also offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about our Services (or the products and/or services available through it) using third party social networking functionality (such as through "share this", "like" or "follow" buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in our Services among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about our Services with your friends. However, you should be aware that sharing personal or non-Personal Information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider or result in that information being made publicly-available, including through internet search engines.
13. Data retention
If you hold an account with Powr of You® we do not delete the data in your account. If you would like to delete your account, you can request it from the My Account > Settings menu on our Site or under Settings on Powr of You apps.
14. Safety of Minors
Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals under the age of 16 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). Powr of You® does not knowingly collect personal data from Minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact customer support here.
If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use our Services.
16. Your rights
Some of you (in particular, European users) have certain legal rights to obtain information about whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. Some of these rights may be subject to some exceptions or limitations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request).
Rights which you are entitled to are:
- Data access rights
- Right to restrict processing
- Right of Rectification
- Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten)
- Right to object to processing
- Right to withdraw consent; and
- Data portability rights
Where you hold an account with Powr of You®, you are entitled to a copy of all personal data which we hold in relation to you. You are also entitled to request that we restrict how we use your data or object to some aspect of our treatment of your data. If you want to obtain a full copy of all your data or to request a restriction / limitation in how we use your data, please contact us here.
17. Service specific terms
For users who opt to participate in surveys offered by us, please see additional details on the privacy notice for Survey research here.
18. Other Terms and Conditions